Jump to recipe
This is our Vanilla cupcakes recipe.
It is basic yet delicious.
Remember to watch the baking essentials video before baking. It will help you understand better the concept. Also, watch the short video tutorial on this page before printing out the recipe and baking.
- All ingredients should be at room temperature.
- Use cake flour for light and airy cupcakes
- Measure everything with measuring spoons and cups.
- Always sift flour, chocolate and confectioner sugar.
- Always mix on low speed unless recipe indicates otherwise, and mix just enough, over mixing his bad.
- Use an ice cream spoon for even sized cupcakes.
- Don't let the batter stand to long as the chemical reaction of the ingredients start immediately.
- Check oven temperature and use the clock. Your toothpick should go out dry. Learn your oven.
- Always fill up liners as indicated in the recipe; it’s better to underfill than overfill.
- Never open the oven while baking unless 2/3 of the baking time has passed.
- When time is up, check with a toothpick. Set the timer again!
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour or cake flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 16 tablespoons (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or vanilla imitation
- 2/3 cup milk room temperature
- *** YOU MUST HAVE ADULT SUPERVISION WHILE BAKING ***
- STEP 1
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake pan with paper liners; set aside.
- STEP 2
- In a medium bowl(not the mixer bowl), sift the flour, and then add baking powder, and salt.
- STEP 3
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or with a hand mixer, mix butter and sugar for 4-5 minutes on medium speed, until light and fluffy. Make sure that the mix is fluffy and light and with a light almost white color.
- STEP 4
- Crack one egg into a small bowl and check that there are no eggshells. Add the egg into the mixing bowl (where you have the butter and the sugar) and mix for 30-40 seconds until the egg blend in and you cannot see any egg in the mix. Repeat this step three times for 3 eggs.
- STEP 5
- Add vanilla extract on vanilla imitation and mix for 30 seconds on medium speed.
- STEP 6
- Add flour mixture and room temperature milk into the mixing bowl - NOT ALL AT ONCE!
- Star with the flour (a third more or less) and for some time on LOW SPEED. Then add half of the milk, more flour, milk again, and finish with the remaining flour.
- All on the slowest speed possible.
- STEP 7
- Divide batter evenly among liners, about three-quarters full each.
- You can use a 2" scoop or any other cup or spoon. This recipe should make 24 cupcakes, give or take.
- Bake for 16 minutes, until light golden and tops spring back to touch. Test with toothpick.
- Once ready, place the pan on the counter and let it cool down. After 10 minutes, take the cupcakes out of the pan and let them cool down completely.
- Once cupcakes are cool, place in a cupcake container or any other sealed container and place in the freezer, for at least 12 hours.