Jump to recipe
Sugar cookies are the easiest thing to make, and they are delicious.
The thing about them is that they are not to sweet, so when you add the sugar decorations on top, it does not feel overwhelmingly sweet.
After you make these cookies, you can go ahead and make the chocolate cookies. Those cookies have a strong chocolate flavor, almos like a brownie. You can find the recipe here.
Remember to watch the baking essentials video before baking. It will help you understand better the concept. Also, watch the video tutorial on this page before printing out the recipe and baking.
Roll dough, cut using cookie cutters and bake on cookie pan for 9 minutes at 350F.
- • 2 cups + 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- • 1 egg
- • 14 tablespoons (1 ¾ sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- • ½ cup sugar
- • 1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- * ADULT SUPERVISION IS REQUIRED WHILE USING THE MIXER AND THE OVEN *
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour, add sugar, egg, butter and vanilla extract. Mix all ingredients together, until smooth.
- Try the dough and check that it is not to sticky. If it sticks to your fingers add 1 Tbsp of flour to make it dryer and more stable.
- Once done, wrap the dough and place the it in the refrigerator for 2 hours before using.